Monday, February 20, 2012

The Plot Thickens...

This weekend, I continued my work on the mystery quilt featured in McCall's Jan./Feb., and March/April, and got the first two parts to the mystery done!  (See all the fabric I chose here.)

I had done the first part featured in the Jan./Feb. a while ago, but never finished the final 7 or so squares.  So the completed squares and the un-completed squares sat in a bin by my ironing board... little lost UFOs... and as time went on, I wondered if they were destined to remain unfinished squares.  Maybe I would never finish them.  I tend to start a lot of projects and not finish them.

Then, BAM! I got a job and suddenly had time to do some things I love.  Last night, I finished part 1... and here it is!
So pretty! And I love how even everything looks even though I am new at this.  The yellow strips will make up the binding... but I wonder what the rest will look like...

I was so motivated by the ten minutes of sewing and pressing it took to finish part 1, that I decided to start part 2.  (It's truly amazing how much I put things off that I can finish quickly...)

Part 2 was a lot of cutting and a little sewing.  I have to admit, I was a little disappointed that there were no instructions for the colorful fabrics that I chose as the focal points of the quilt... the green and the yellow are more just accent colors to me.  But the good editors at McCall's are keeping secret what my hippie chicks and funky stripes will be used for...

Here is some more pretty green and yellow, though!
Now I want to know how this mystery ends!  I cannot wait for the May/June magazine!

Life is good.  God is good.  Little lingonberries are everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment