Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Trendy, Not Trashy

My sister's birthday is Sunday and my husband and I are headed to Massachusetts for the weeks, which means that we will be home for her birthday!  Her birthday is March 4, exactly 2 months before my birthday, so it's pretty awful that I always forget the exact day and end up sending a belated birthday card and gift.  I'm psyched, then, that not only have I remembered her special day, but I have made a little something for her to open!

About 6 months ago, I bought One Yard Wonders (buy it here) and I have been wanting to make this silly project ever since.  The"Not-Ugly Car Trash Bag" clips onto the back of either the front seats and trendily (new word... just invented it, I think) hides all the candy wrappers that you had previously crammed into the glove compartment trash from your car in a pretty little bag.  It even has a front compartment for recyclables or plastic bags.  

My sister drives a notoriously cute car, which she adores, so I thought a trendy trash bag might be something cool for her!  Then, I got so excited about finally getting to make this project, I decided to make one for myself as well.  Here's the fabric I decided to use:

Sewing them together was so easy!  The directions were easy to follow and everything.  My only variance was that I decided to cut the raw edges with pinking sheers rather than zig-zag stitch them (and this decision was largely due to my inability to cut straight lines, leading to yucky raw edges!).

Here are the adorable finished products!  This one is for the birthday girl:
And this one is for me:
Ever since I got this new job, I feel invigorated to spend some true "hobby time!"  It's so fun giving nice gifts on which I spent time and love.

It's just proof that life is good, God is good, and little lingonberries are everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment