Tuesday, May 1, 2012

My Very 1st Quilt... Going to a Great Friend

So... something special is in the air... spring has sprung... and I finished my first quilt (quite an undertaking) for a good friend who is getting married and whose shower is Saturday.  Thank goodness I finished on time.  There was never any doubt that I would finish on time, but still, it's kind of amazing that its done and beautiful!

The pattern I used was the cover of Fons and Porter's Easy Quilts for the Spring 2012 issue and when I saw it, I knew it was perfect for Lauren and Mike!  The groomsmen and bridesmaids at their wedding are wearing steel gray and holding bright yellow, orange and pink flowers.  So this just seemed perfect!

Here are the fabrics I chose:

Then, I cut them to look like this:

Then came a lot of sewing and some more cutting and I created some really pretty flowers, if I do say so myself:

Then came time to piece it all together.  That was one long Saturday before Easter, but it was completely worth it!

This weekend, while on a trip to fabulous Austin, TX, along came the flower quilt to sew the binding.  I think the people on the plane must have thought I was nuts... but only the best people are ;)

Last night, I finished the binding and my husband helped me take some "walking quilted" pictures.  Here they are:

I can't wait to give Lauren the quilt on Saturday!

Life is good.  God is good.  Little lingonberries are everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment