Sunday, December 30, 2012

Lingonberries, big and small!



I cannot believe how long it has been and how much has changed since I last wrote!  There is just too much to catch up on, but I'll give some highlights.


The home inspection went very well.  This seems almost silly to say since I am now sitting on the couch in our living room (and we have lived here since September).  I didn't know how it would be to live alone (no neighborly noise to help me feel safe when I'm home alone, no Super to step in when the toilet breaks, no grounds team making sure the yard is mowed and the snow is plowed...), but I feel like Hubby and I are living a dream come true. We will make some changes to our home as time goes on to make it a little more unique to us, but right now, we are feeling very much at home.

Here are some pictures of that wonderful first weekend, when friends and family came to help us move in!




Hubby's parents brought us the most delicious cake to celebrate!
In October, we took a fabulous trip to Denmark and London with my sister, mom, and dad, to attend a wedding and see some wonderful friends and family.  It made the entire fall a complete whirlwind, because we left about 4 weeks after moving in to the house.  However, we are so happy that we went!  My cousin and her fiance live in downtown London and we loved seeing their adorable flat near their university!  Our Danish friends (who feel more like family) celebrated a beautiful wedding that lasted all night long!  We Americans didn't do too much to embarrass ourselves, even though their traditions were so different from ours.  Truly, their wedding was so magical (a highlight being when hubby asked me to dance with him... something that didn't even happen on our wedding day!)

Here are Hubby and I on a chilly night in front of Parliament:

Also around October, I started to feel as though something was lacking from our very full life and I became eager to hear the pitter patter of little... paws.  We had always said that we would not get a dog until we had a back yard for said dog, and so, with a house and backyard all our own, I started to go a little puppy-nuts.  Hubby?  He took a little convincing, but then he always does.  I have always been the impulsivity to his rationale.

In early December, after begging for a solid month and a half and dragging him to the SPCA three times, we met and fell in love with a sweet little pup who they had named Candy Cane (stupid name).  We promptly renamed her Kaylee (Firefly fans...  yes she's named after that Kaylee) and she has become an adorable little addition to our family.
This is one of my favorite pictures of her.  She's a blur in real life, too.
We love her expressive little ears.
Kaylee cuddling up in front of our fake fire.

We spent a fabulous Christmas in our new home with our family (minus my sister and brother-in-law, who went to NEW ZEALAND!).  

I will write an update of all the little projects I have been working on soon.  

Until then, I am sitting on my couch feeling very blessed.

Life is good.  God is good.  Little lingonberries are everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment